Monday 6 October 2008

Welcome

I decided that of the many topics I write about on my first blog, wrestling was the one which was unlikely to interest anyone except other people who like wrestling. That means you, Reader of This. I'll mainly be writing here about shows and matches I've watched, and then telling you whether I thought they were "good" or "bad" (or variations on that theme, such as "well" or "unwell"). You should definitely leave comments. Nothing starts a good debate better than a plurality of people involved in the discussion.

What do I watch? Lots of different things. I regularly follow a number of smaller Japanese promotions: Zero1, Big Japan, Kaientai Dojo and El Dorado. This I supplement with notable matches from the bigger Japanese promotions (New Japan and NOAH), or something else that has caught my attention (generally anything involving a live octopus). I watch WWE PPVs, and some TV shows, if I find the time and motivation. I do occasionally watch ROH, but that's the only US indie promotion I do. I like watching lucha, though have less access to it. Hopefully all of this will become apparent as I post more.

So that is a lot of wrestling to write about. That's not to say this blog will be free of my insightful social and political commentary (Have you noticed that Sarah Palin? She has said a number of silly things), but it'll probably be linked to wrestling in some clever and edgy way (Have you noticed that Sarah Palin? It's like she's been booked by Russo).

I'm expecting to post two-three times a week, based on my current watching patterns. When I write a new post, I'll give a signal. The signal will likely come in the form of a new post. Alternatively, I may tug sharply on my left ear. You will need to watch very carefully for that, because it will happen fast, and also you're not in this room.

Haveatchu.

No comments: