Sunday 9 August 2009

Craig's Puro MOTY 2009 (so far)

Thought I'd post my current on-going MOTY list for puro matches only, based on what I've managed to watch so far. Most of this is based on my thoughts watching the matches first time around, so positions may change. Also, some of the odder choices will probably fall off once I get more caught up. I've not really started on 2009 Big Japan yet, as its one of the promotions I watch every show for, and I've just receive the latest batch. I'd expect a lot more BJW in this list by the end (I watched the March deathmatch tag online). Regular readers will know I also watch Z-1 and K-Dojo shows, but I don't expect many entries to this list from that.

I've got Ditch's recommend lists, and I pick and choose which matches from the big three to watch, based on existing prejudices. I did watch both Nakajima vs. KENTA matches and disliked them both. I've still got the two big NJ vs. NOAH tags from early in the year to watch. I've only just started the Champions Carnival, and randomly watched the one G-1 match online yesterday, out of curiousity as much as anything. I've got that one Ishii LOCK-UP match from April to rewatch, because I couldn't decide how much I liked it. Feel free to make a case for you favourites so far in the comments, and I'll try and give them a fair viewing.

1. Miyamoto & Sasaki vs Isami & Takeda, March 26th, Big Japan
2. Hayato "Jr" Fujita vs. The Great Sasuke, 19th June, M-Pro
3. Otsuka vs. Yamamoto, February 14th, Battlarts
4. KENTA vs. Jun Akiyama, May 17th, NOAH
5. Kea/Suzuki vs. Suwama/Kondo March 14th, AJPW
6. Hirooki Goto vs. Giant Bernard, March 22nd, NJPW
7. Usuda vs. Yoshikawa, February 14th, Battlarts
8. Nakamura vs Goto, August 7th, NJPW
9. Sawa and Hayato vs Tiger Shark and Saito, April 12th, Battlarts
10. Mutoh vs. Takayama, April 5th, AJPW
11. Togo, Yoshitsune and Rasse vs. Kei Sato, Shu Sato and Ooma, March 1st, M-Pro
12. TAKA Michinoku vs. The Great Sasuke, June 9th, K-Dojo
13. KENTA vs Marvin, June 4th, NOAH
14. Yoshie vs. Ishii March 15th, NJPW
15. Mascarita Dorada vs. Pequeno Damien 666, March 20th, Ultimo Dragon Produce

No comments: